5 Tips To Becoming a Smarter Shopper
Jasmine Guest | 06/18/2018
Have you ever found yourself at the grocery store checkout line with a ridiculous bill, even though you only went for a couple of things? The grocery store is filled with various gimmicks and insidious monetary schemes to get customers to buy more while in the store. The onset of buyer’s remorse quickly sets in before you even leave the exiting doors. Use these tips to become a more effective grocery store shopper:
- Create a List Before you Leave Home: Use your phone to take stock of what you already have and what you need. There are a number of grocery list apps available for effective family meal planning. This tip will help you eliminate the purchasing of unnecessary good and prevent you from falling victim to flashy in-store promotions.
- Take advantage of Weekly Sales and Coupons: Cell phone applications can also help you keep track of sales and coupons as the Walmart Mobile App, LIDL or the Shopular app which which aids in itemizing
cost effective things you can purchase in store.
- Maneuvering the Grocery Store: We often end up on aisles filled with processed foods, and the temptations start to mound. If you’re trying to eat healthy or lose weight try not to even bring these type of foods in the house. Stick to the outer portion of the store where whole foods or proteins are usually stocked. Start in the produce section, and make your way through the dairy and meat aisles.
- Never Go to the Grocery Store Hungry: We have all done it. After a long day’s work, we enter the grocery store agitated and hungry. Eat a snack or drink a bottle of water before entering the grocery store so your hunger pangs don’t influence your purchases.
- Try to Make Healthy Food Choices: Be smart and invest your hard earned cash into the health of your loved ones. Spend in a way that incorporates healthy foods in your family’s daily diet and the lifelong benefits of investing in your health. As the saying goes, we are what we eat!
Remember, enter the grocery store with a clear mind and your list in hand, and move through the aisles thoughtfully with certainty and with purpose!